Enter your details using our online form or give us a call on 0203 870 2545
Receive your free, instant, no obligation quote within seconds of entering your details
We will be in touch with you regarding your quote or you can call us on 0203 870 2545
If happy with your quote, we will arrange collection & you will get paid within 24 hours
Selling your damaged vehicle can be a stressful and frustrating time, that’s why here at Scrapping A Car we make it as easy and hassle-free as possible. By using our online form, you simply fill in your vehicle’s registration number and phone number, and we will generate a free, instant, no obligation quote.
It’s often thought that the amount you will get for your vehicle is solely dependent on the make and model, but this isn’t the only factor and there are others that are considered.
Here we will help you understand how much your damaged car is worth and different factors which may be taken into consideration when calculating its worth.
As we are a vehicle scrappage company, all of the vehicles we buy are recycled legally and in line with environmental guidelines. When a vehicle is sold to be scrapped, it’s often end of life, whether it’s damaged due to an accident or an MOT failure, the owner makes the decision to scrap it as it’s unfit to drive or not worth the cost required to fix it.
Scrap vehicles are often stripped of their parts before being depolluted and recycled for their metal. Here at Scrapping A Car, the main factors which are taken into account when giving you a price for your vehicle are:
● The weight of the vehicle: This is the main contributing factor to the price you are given as usually heavier vehicles mean more metal. The heavier the weight of the vehicle, the more you will be paid.
● The national scrap value: The amount the scrap merchants receive for the metal is dependent on the national scrap value so this will have an effect on the cars worth.
● Make and model of the vehicle: Some vehicles carry high value parts, and this will increase the amount you are paid for your scrap vehicle. Such parts can include; engines, body panels, gearboxes, alloy wheels, and other parts which could be resold as used.
The factors which are considered when valuing a vehicle are always changing, this means that the value given for a vehicle always fluctuates and is never fixed for long. Rest assured, we always update our online calculator in line with market trends so you can be sure you are getting a competitive price.
At Scrapping A Car, we guarantee our quotes for 10 days meaning you don’t have to worry about market fluctuations, this is much more generous than many of our competitors. To find out the worth of your vehicle, simply fill out our online form. Here’s just a few benefits:
● Quick, easy and instant vehicle valuation
● Up to date and in line with market trends
● Quote is guaranteed for 10 days
If you are ready to scrap your vehicle, you can obtain an instant, no obligation, quote by simply filling in our online form or you call one of our happy to help advisors on 0203 870 2545.