Scrapping A Car is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and respected.
We promise that we will tell you how we will use your data to improve the service we provide to you. We promise to collect and store your data securely and we give you the ability to control how we use it.
Personal data we may collect
In order to provide you with an effective service to handle your requirements, we need to collect some personal data. By "personal data" we mean data that lets us identify you as an individual, either on its own or by using it in combination with our data sources. Most of the personal data we collect generally refers to the data we collect to enable us to supply you with a quote for your vehicle. The following are details which we may collect from users when they use our service:
● Personal details which are provided via the online forms on scrapping-acar.co.uk. This includes but is not limited to, information regarding a vehicle a user wishes to retrieve a quote on, when subscribing to our mailing list both online and offline and/or when further services are requested.
● Should a user contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence alongside their name, address, and phone number for future reference.
● On occasion, we may ask users to complete a survey on our service which is used for research purposes only. These are not obligatory, and users do not have to respond to such requests.
How we use personal data we have collected<
We only collect personal data if it is absolutely necessary. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), this allows us to lawfully use your data on grounds of legitimate interest, rather than specific consent. As always, we give you complete control over your data and how it is used, and you are free to opt-out at any given time. The information we have collected may be used in one of the following ways:
● To present our users with the most effective content from our website according to their computer.
● To process your request and provide you with the requested service such as: a quotation, getting in touch, signing up for our newsletter, or similar.
● To improve our products and services. On occasion we may request customer feedback to ensure our service has been professional and met your requirements.
● To notify a user about changes to our services or products.
● To provide users with information, products or services that have been requested from us or which we feel may be of interest.
● To fulfil obligations that may arise from any contracts we enter with a user.
● To allow users to use our interactive service features when they choose to do so.
When communicating with a user we will do so by either telephone, SMS text message, email or post. On occasion we may contact an existing customer with information about a service or goods similar to those which have been subject to their previous sale.
Should a user have communication preferences or does not want us to use their information in a particular way, they can get in touch with us by emailing [email protected]
How we store the personal data we hold
Any personal information provided to us is securely stored. We take the appropriate technical and operational measures to protect your data against unauthorised access. One of the main ways we protect the personal data we hold is to limit what we collect; we only store the essential data required to provide an effective business service.
Only authorised staff are able to access your personal data and we only share data with third parties when required to do so for operational, business or legal purposes.
Should a user be given, or has chosen to have, a password which enables them to access particular sections of our website, the user is responsible for keeping this password and the contents of their access confidential. Should you have a password, we ask that you do not share it with anyone at any given point.
Our utmost effort is always made to protect personal data, however, any transmission of personal data throughout the internet is done so at the users own risk. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site. We ensure that once we have received any information, very strict procedures and security measures are put in place to prevent any unauthorised access to a user’s data.
Giving you control of your personal data We give you control of the personal information we collect. If you would like to restrict the collection or usage of your personal information, you can do so in the following ways:
● If you are filling in a form on scrapping-acar.co.uk, look for the box you can untick to indicate that you do not wish for your information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
● If you have previously agreed to receive marketing from us and would like to stop, you can change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at [email protected]
● If you would like to specifically unsubscribe from marketing emails, you can do so by following the “unsubscribe” link within the footer of the email.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required to do so for operational, business or legal purposes. On occasion we may use your personal information to send you promotional information from third parties which we think you may be interested in. This will only happen if you have previously agreed to do so and it can be stopped at any time should you change your mind.
If you think that any of the personal information we hold on you may be incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request access to the personal data held on you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To obtain a copy of the data we hold upon you, please contact us in writing. A small fee may be payable. For security reasons, you will be asked to provide proof of identity. For further information, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond to you with any requirements needing to be met to release the confidential information.